Sunday, January 1, 2012

52 New Things to Eat!

I'm not big for making New Year's resolutions. I'd rather make a goal. And even then I'm weary of making them because you know...what if I don't make the goal. With all that being said, I did make quite a few goals for myself this year. I even put them into groups. However, I don't plan on sharing all of my goals with the entire online world. I am going to share one and why I choose it.

Goal: to cook at least one new dish a week
Why: Well there are a couple of reasons...
1. I feel like we eat the same five meals each week
2. I feel trapped by those same five meals because of my gluten intolerance.
3. Because of Pinterest and all of the cookbooks sitting in my kitchen, I know there are many, many options for new recipes (gluten free and naturally gluten free) and I am ready to try them. You can literally hear my stomach growling when I search for recipes on Pinterest or look through my cookbooks.
4. Piggy backing on number 3, I'm ready to find (gluten free/ naturally gluten free) recipes that people won't snub their noses at just because it is labeled gluten free or because i am eating wont eat because they assume it us gluten free and therefore doesnt taste good. Actually, I should say that I want to make food that I can eat that taste good to me ( and Ryan and E). This really could be a whole post in itself, but just because it is gluten free doesn't mean it is going to taste bad.


So, please follow along as I attempt to accomplish this goal. I would love to hear suggestions of recipes to try (even if you think I can't eat it, I'm willing to try to adapt it). Here is to a tasty New Year!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment