Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Potty Talk Part 2

Totally nothing that Ryan and I have done, but E is potty trained. Do we still have a few accidents? Of course. Do we still reward her when she goes? Umm..Yes! And Mommy and Daddy too. What is the reward? Well, it was skittles one of one and two for two. However, once we switched to no diapers she was having a hard time with trying to go. She would get so involved with playing or coloring, or whatever she was doing and would want to stop to try to go potty...so we started a sticker chart to show her that even trying was good. When she fills up the chart??? YoLo! We all love YoLo here. Thankfully, she doesn't always remember that she gets a sticker or skittle...so hopefully one day soon we will just go for the sake of going. I know that everyone has opinions about whether to reward or not and I think whatever works. My thought is a few skittles and trips to YoLo is much cheaper than a case of diapers and wipes. Plus, it isn't like she is going to go off to college expecting a skittle every time she goes potty.
At least I hope not : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment