Monday, June 13, 2011

Sugar High???

I know the following picture is very low quality, but you get what you get (and you don't throw a fit : ) ) at 8:30ish at night. Last night we put E down at normal time, around 7 with the usual quietness that comes with bed time. About 15 minutes later...there was crying...followed by screaming...continued with more crying. I kept thinking that she would stop. She didn't. So, we loaded her up in the car for a drive (out to Dairy Queen - no use just driving around! Let mom and dad get a sweet treat out of the deal). We drove, and drove and drove. Not wanting to get to Dairy Queen while she was awake (we weren't about to let her have any ice cream on this already sleep deprived evening). She would not fall asleep. This is HIGHLY unusual for our E. I mean, really, we lay her down at 7 and then never hear a peep out of her until around 7 the next morning. It is really like clock work. The only thing we can think of that would cause this sudden burst of energy...was SUGAR! She had quite a bit of sugar yesterday. Half of a huge chocolate chip cookie, a chocolate covered strawberry, and a handful of freeze dried peaches (with 30g of sugar...who adds that much sugar to freeze dried fruit. Just so you know, I did not realize that these had so much sugar until after the fact. I have bough new freeze dried fruit which she loves. Maybe I'll post a Try It Tuesday tomorrow).
So needless to say she had her fill of sugar. Boy did she show it. Before we got in the car for our ride, I tried everything to get her to go to sleep. She would lay on me but would never sleep. Once she heard me say we were going, she was up running around like it was first thing in the morning. She was ready to go.
The funniest thing about the entire night, besides all of the talking and singing she continued to do the ENTIRE car ride around the city was when I heard her saying "cheese". I turned around and say her trying to take her picture with her play camera. She had it turned around and everything.
The picture below is some more of her craziness. She took her cup and put it in " her bag" and then drank out of it. She's a hoot!



Oh, and just in case you are wondering...she was still awake when we got home. I laid her down and didn't hear a peep until this morning!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I guess she wasn't ready for bed! Amber has done that before and we got her out let her a play a little while longer and then put her back in the crib and not a peep. And it was probably around E's age too. If it continues I would say maybe she is ready for a later bedtime. That's what we had to do and it worked.

    ReplyDelete