Sunday, June 19, 2011

The "Farm"

You may or may not know about our little plot of land that we have out at Shelby Farms. It is a great deal. Free land, free water...HARD WORK! I can't emphasize enough on that last part about hard work. It isn't the actual labor that is taking it's toll. It is all of the time. The driving to and from and the time away from E. We (and I use that term very loosely - mainly as in Ryan) have been working hard at growing our plants since about mid-April. We (and I truly mean the both of us) made the decision to take a Friday night and transplant the majority of our plants over to our house. The lady that lived here before had a plot in the middle of the backyard. And since we haven't done much with the backyard yet, we thought this was the best year to have it in the ground at our house. Too bad we didn't decide that in April. Here is a picture of the finished product. We are hopeful that most everything makes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment