Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

It was an absolute fabulous Mother's Day. I either talked to or saw in person all of the mom's in my life.
We started off the morning with E and Daddy cooking me gluten-free cinnamon rolls (I didn't get to eat any - another story - but E LOVED them). E gave me a present, a hand made (with the help of my mom), with owls on it saying Who Loves Mommy...Me and when I opened it up it had her hand prints on it. That by itself was enough. I can always look back at those tiny (but growing) prints and remember my baby. She also got me a gift certificate to Goulds...massage here I come!
We went out to Ryan's parents for lunch. We each picked up what we wanted. Ryan and I had Osaka...sushi and chicken fried rice. After lunch we all came home and napped. Then it was off to see my grandmother. Since my grandmother is downtown, we went for a quick look see of the river rising. We decided to get out and walk around. By then it was bed time, but before bed we made one last stop by YOLO. I hadn't had a Mother's Day dessert and since YOLO is gluten-free (depending on your toppings) it is a favorite at our house. YUM! I spoke with my mom (I saw her almost all day yesterday too) and to my other grandmother (out of town this weekend). Oh, and I forgot to mention all of the hard work that Ryan put into the the day...he has been busily cleaning the house and doing the laundry for me. What a great guy! (Now I just need to remember all this when it comes time for Father's Day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment