Sunday, May 15, 2011

Me and My Shadow

These days Miss E is my little shadow. Now that she is walking she can follow me around much quicker than before and mimicking me in ways that I never expected. Here are a few examples....

1. She loves shoes...she helps me pick mine out each morning. She knows exactly where to find them in my closet and will go and get them for me (Contrary to what Ryan might say, I have not trained her to be the "retriever" that Tucker will never be).

2. She loves to have "lipstick" on. After she sees me put some on, she wants some too. Obviously, we do not indulge in this one...sometimes Ryan will put his cherry ChapStick on her.

3. After getting the weekly shopping ads in the mail on Tuesday, she will "read" them with me. I seriously wish I had a picture of this one. It is too cute watching her open the paper and "read" them...upside down!

4. Disciplining Tucker (if there is such a thing for this dog) Whenever she sees me get on to Tucker whether it be in word or action she immediately does the same thing to him!

5. This is the strangest of all...she is wanting to eat whatever I eat. Things that I would never thought she would have wanted to eat, like Chili. I mean what 18 month old keeps saying more, more to chili. I will say I like my chili with lots of cheese and chips to dip in the chili (maybe the dipping thing hooks her). Today, for example at breakfast, she had a waffle which she was happily eating until I pulled out my gluten free granola bar (this was an acquired taste for sure when I started eating them). She saw it and immediately said more...she ate the rest of it and forgot about her waffle. Not quite a fair trade since I can't eat her waffle. At lunch we had pizza (again, gluten free and not the yummy goodness that she usually has). I had her pizza all cut up in nice size E portions...and what does she want??? But to eat my normal sized piece. Then at dinner....we were having breakfast...all three of us had the exact same meal (except for the gluten free biscuit and her piece of sausage was cut up). As soon as she saw my plate, she went for the whole piece of sausage and ate the whole thing! I had to draw the line at my biscuit...I don't think that makes me a bad mom...she had her own - which she proceeded to eat along with all of her fruit, some of my fruit. (Just so you won't think I went hungry I ate my biscuit and the rest of her sausage.)

I never really thought about how much she would want to be like me... What do I really want to model for her and what qualities do I want her to mimick from me?


No comments:

Post a Comment