Thursday, March 29, 2012

Real or Make Believe

We are trying to be very intentional with are prayer time with Weezy. We asked her very night for whom she would like to pray for. Some nights it is the same person it has been for a week, and other nights it is someone brand new. That's how it was tonight. Here is our conversation:
Me: "Who do you want to pray for tonight?
Weezy: "Santa Claus"




Ryan and I try not to laugh - Weezy is scared of jolly ole St. Nick.
Ryan: "Let's pray for someone real."
Weezy: "O.K. Cinderrella!".




Ryan and I had to turn our faces because we we laughing so hard.
Are either really, real? In her mind, yes. And who is going to argue at 8:00 at night. We want her to love praying for people...no matter who it is : )
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I LOVE this post! Love that sweet Eleanor, and her sweet heart for her make-believe friends. I feel like we are failing in the teaching to pray area. Molly's dinner blessing the last few nights has simply been, "Dear Jesus, I don't have to go to sleep". Good grief. seminary might not be in her future.

    ReplyDelete