Friday, March 16, 2012

Of Course

So about 2 months ago I needed a copy of Weezy's birth certificate. I went to where I keep all of our important documents because of course like the good mommy that I am : ) I had ordered like 5 or 6 copies shortly after birth and immediately put them in a "safe" place (ha, not such a good mommy...it was after she was a year old). Or so I thought. The birth certificates were not in the "safe" place, nor were they in any of the other "safe" places I could think of. After tearing up the house and looking high and low at least 5 times over the span of a week (ordering birth certificates can get expensive!)... I decided to look online to order another copy. It was going to be 27 dollars. Yikes! Or I could drive downtown to the health department and pick one up in person for 8 dollars. So, during winter break my uncle rode with me downtown (not because I am afraid...just so I wouldn't have to park and get Weezy in and out in hopefully a short amount of time). Thankfully, it took a total of 5 minutes and I went ahead and got two just in case. Yay! They are now in the safe place that I hopefully can remember from now until the time Weezy moves out and has to find her own "safe" place to hide things : )

Fast forward to Spring Break (approximately a month later). I was bound and determine to deep clean the house (more on that to follow). One of the many items on my list to clean was our filing cabinet. So this afternoon I sat down and started going through making piles to keep, throw away, and shred. You know the drill. Anyway, I came to a file (I can't even remembered what it was labeled) and as I was sorting do you know what I found??? Yep, 2 short copies and 1 long copy of my sweet Weezy's birth certificate. I mean I just sat on the couch stunned. I had spent hours looking for these, not to mention the time it took cleaning up the mess from looking for them.

My mom asked me if I was sure that it was the new set that I had gotten. Nope, still sealed in the envelope that they came in one day last fall. I still remember getting them out of the mail box. That is probably what made it most frustrating when I couldn't find them a month ago. I knew they were here. They hadn't gotten lost in the move or anything like that. They came here. And here is where they were the whole time. Oh well...now she will be well prepared to show that she was in deed born : )

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like something I would do. At least you can prove she's born! We had to show the babies' birth certificates when we crossed the Canadian border. They had to act very official so they made a big show of making sure they knew which one was Miles and which one was Alex. We just found this very funny because we could have easily told them Miles was Alex and Alex was Miles and what does it matter?! We have two certificates and twins, who cares?! Ha!

    ReplyDelete