Monday, July 9, 2012

Beach Trip - Day 1

I thought going day by day might be a little bit easier to read than posting the whole trip in one post.  Plus, it will give me something to blog about since all we plan on doing this week is laying around and watching movies : ).    So let the beach tripping begin...


We loaded up the rental car the night before so we would be ready to go with the alarm sounded at 5:30.  We drove out of Memphis a little bit after six.

Someone was excited!

We stopped in Tupelo for some breakfast...yummy Chick-A-Lay.  Then hit the road again.




 We hit traffic...lots of traffic.  I think everyone I knew and then a lot more were heading to the beach...down the same  road : )  E did really well considering the length of the car ride and this being her first road trip.  It also helped that I had plenty of little "happies" wrapped for when she got restless.  Add to the movies and snacks we had a pretty happy girl in the back seat.



When we were about 45 minutes away we told E that we were almost to the beach and she pointed out the window and said " I see the beach."  Oh, baby just wait!
When we finally made it...12 hours later (of what should have been an 9 hour trip) lots of traffic and potty breaks.  I was really amazed at how well E did with the whole potty thing.  She was able to hold off going to the bathroom every time we asked her to.  A few times we even told her it was o.k. to go in her diaper but she refused and made it the potty each time (but the last time, because we got stuck on Mid Bay bridge!)  Here is E's first looks at the ocean and beach!














 We unloaded and then went to pick up a pizza at Pizza by the Sea.   My mom stayed with E while we went to pick up the pizza.  When we got there we realized it was right next to the grocery so we thought while we were out we would pick up some things for the week.  WRONG!  The line was wrapped around the store!  (we went back later that night and Ryan stood in line while I shopped and brought it to the cart...his cart was still in the store where he had left it earlier!( The pizza was SO good.  And they had gluten free pizza!


Then we headed back for a little walk on the beach in the dark.  She loved it until the waves hit her.





Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment